3Box is the best way for developers to manage user data on the decentralized web!
What is 3Box
- Build fully-featured dapps with less backend infrastructure
- Develop faster with easy-to-use APIs and tooling
- Reliable decentralized storage on IPFS and OrbitDB
- Improve security and privacy of user data
- Support data portability and interoperability
- Users can use their ETH account, don’t need to install additional software
3Box SDK and APIs
👩 Profiles: Replace hex addresses with social user profiles throughout your app. Set/get public and private data to/from a user’s profile. Profiles are great for storing things like name, image, group affiliations, social account verifications, and more in a location that is easily shared across apps.
📂 Storage: Allow users to store their own content. Set/get public or private data to/from spaces, which are sandboxed data stores used to keep information specific to an application or context. Spaces are great for user-generated content, documents, preferences, settings, secrets, and more sensitive information.
💬 Messaging: Create interactive message threads between 1 or many users, with support for moderation. Great for social messaging, commenting, forums, and chat systems; also great for creating single or multi-user content streams/feeds and directly sharing data between users.
Other 3Box Tools
3️⃣ 3Box Hub: A optional web interface where end users can create and manage their social profile, as well as their personal storage drive. Users can link their Twitter and Github social accounts to their Ethereum profile, and privately verify their email address.
⚡ Profile Hovers: A plugin that allows you to display 3Box social profile information about an ethereum user in a hover component, similar to twitter’s profile hover cards. Available as a react component or HTML element.
- Integrate 3Box into your app: Visit the 3Box SDK installation guide
- Try creating a user profile: Visit the 3Box Hub application